How to make WPL compatible with Houzez theme
Posted by Tonya N. on 13 November 2018 09:18 AM
In order to make WPL compatible with Houzez theme like on the Demo website, do the next steps:|
1. Unzip wpl_houzez.zip (attached below) on your computer.
2. Connect to your website by FTP (File Manager).
3. Put files from “wpl_houzez/houzez/wplhtml” to path with this structure on your website
“wp-content/themes/houzez/wplhtml” or “wp-content/themes/houzez-child/wplhtml” (if you are using child theme).
4. Activate the compatibility views in the WPL menu->Settings->Theme Compatibility.
5. For the Property listing page use the Visual Composer Page Template.
Also, if you need to replace Latest Properties in the Left Sidebar with the WPL properties:
- Go to Appearance->Widgets and create WPL Carousel widget with List layout in Property Listings widget area.
- Then remove "Houzez Properties: Latest Properties" widget from Property Listings widget Area.
6. Property Details Page.
For creating property details page with layout Default (example) , make sure that you activated Default layout in the WPL menu->Settings->UI Customizer->Property Details Layout.
After that change activity positions in the WPL menu->Activity Manager to:
For Featured, Recently Viewed and Similar Properties activities, create the WPL Carousel widgets in the WP admin panel->Appearance->Widgets
Then create activity with html type for each widget in the WPL menu->Activity Manager.
Put the widget shortcode in the textarea and change the position to pshow_position2 for For Featured/Recently Viewed and pshow_position3 for Similar Properties activities.
You can find information about widget areas and activity positions here.
Go to the WP admin panel->Appearance->Widgets and create a new WPL Search widget in Footer Area 1. And give it a class “wpl-search-header”.
Then go to the Theme Options->Headers->Advanced Search and make it Enabled.
8. The search widget on the banner.
Create a new WPL Search widget in WPL Hidden widget area. Then chose Style “Float” in the WPL Search widget options, click on the view shortcode button and copy text somewhere.
Finally, below the page builder, in the Page Header Options, set Show Search to “No”.